Community Connection Fund gives back to 15 west-central groups in need of assistance
Midwest Electric recently donated $10,250 to 15 west-central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
Since the program started in 1998, the Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund has provided $1,040,589 to 867 area projects.
The latest recipients of grants include:
• Community Health Professionals, Van Wert; $1,500 to purchase an ID card printer
• Lima Symphony Orchestra; $1,500
• New Knoxville Fire Department; $1,200 to buy a laptop computer
• Mercer County D.A.R.E.; $1,000 for graduation medals, certificates, and supplies
• Coldwater Elementary School; $1,000 for flexible seating classroom equipment.
• Waynestock, St. Marys; $500 to support the youth concert
• Bath High School, Lima; $500 to fund YES Fest
• American Red Cross, Lima; $500 for miscellaneous expenses
• Van Wert Council Agriculture Society; $500 to sponsor Gospel tent at county fair
• Wapakoneta Christian Homeschool; $450 for storage cabinets and supplies
• Coldwater Kiwanis; $400 for refrigerator for fundraising events
• Spencerville Local Schools; $400 for a mounted bleeding control station
• Celina Primary School; $300 for sensory room equipment
• Miracle Meal, Inc., Wapakoneta; $250 to purchase supplies for Miracle Meal Dinner
• Auglaize County Shooting Sports; $250 for safety equipment and supplies
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the Fund.
A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric at 419-394-4110 or 1-800-962-3830. You can also find one here.
To view additional photos of all the grant recipients, check out Midwest Electric’s album on Facebook.