Members of Midwest Electric recently donated $17,670 to 15 west-central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
Since the program started in 1998, the Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund has provided $989,653 to 826 area projects.
The latest recipients are:
· Project Search, $2500 to purchase supplies for this program that helps young adults with disabilities in Mercer and Auglaize counties obtain job skills.
· Celina Intermediate School, $2000 to purchase stand-up desks.
· Family Care Options, Celina, $1500 to add a wheelchair accessible exit and ramp.
· St. Anthony Dinner Theatre, $1500 to assist families with medical bills.
· Foundations Behavioral Health Services, Celina, $1500 for the MINI STAR Retreat/Teen substance abuse prevention program.
· First Tech Challenge Project Search, Coldwater, $1500 to purchase robotic kits.
· Coldwater Fire Department, $1320 to buy a body harness for confined space rescue.
· Serving Friends and Family Ministries, Celina, $1000 to help restore a home that will be used for emergency housing.
· West Central Ohio Farmers and Hunters Feeding the Hungry, Elida, $1000 to fund the processing of deer and livestock that is provided to local food banks.
· Miracle Meal, $1000 to fund meals and toys for the Christmas program.
· Cancer Association of Mercer County, $750 to purchase a file cabinet.
· Allen County Fair Gospel Singing Tent, $700 to support talent for the 2018 Fair.
· Angel Baby Creations, St. Henry, $500 to go toward the cost of making funeral gowns, blankets and hats for families going through the loss of a baby.
· Thrivent for Lutherans, $500 to support Toys for Tots.
· Delphos Community Christmas Project, $400 to purchase items for those in need.
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the Fund.
A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process. Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric, at 419-394-4110 or 1-800-962-3830.