Members of Midwest Electric recently donated $11,900 to 14 west-central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s Community Connection Fund.
Since the program started in 1998, the Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund has provided $1,030,339 to 852 area projects.
The latest recipients are:
- A Park 4 All, Mercer County, $2,000 was donated for playground equipment.
- Maria Stein Shrine of the Holy Relics, $2000 to purchase a defibrillator unit.
- Recovery Ambassador Park, $1500 for park improvements.
- Grand Lake Christian Basketball, $1,000 to provide player equipment and other items.
- Henry Fire Department, $1,000 to fund rescue equipment.
- Henry Stingrays, $1,000 to install benches, spectator bleachers, and a timing system.
- Andrew’s House, Elida, $1,000 to install sprinkler and security system.
- Kiwanis Club of Delphos, $500 to fund new restrooms and shower at the Delphos pool.
- Niswonger Performing Arts Center, Van Wert, $500 to support Niswonger National Speaker Series.
- Family Life Center of Auglaize County, $500 to purchase infant and toddler car seats.
- Auglaize County Fair Gospel Tent, $500 to assist in funding performing acts.
- Mercy Unlimited, Wapakoneta, $200 to purchase two utility carts.
- Wapakoneta High School Post Prom, $100 to fund rental equipment and pay security.
- Henry After Prom Committee, $100 to pay for door prizes.
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the Fund.
A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric, at 419-394-4110 or 1-800-962-3830.
Based in St. Marys, Midwest Electric is the customer-owned electric cooperative for 11,000 homes, farms and businesses in Allen, Auglaize, Mercer, Van Wert, Shelby, Putnam and Darke counties.
-For a photo gallery of pictures VIEW HERE