SmartHub is our all-in-one, convenient account management system, giving you total control over your electric account. You can use SmartHub through our website, or download the free app for mobile devices. Click here to learn how to register for SmartHub.
Once registered, you can:
• Receive texts or e-mails when your electric use exceeds your pre-set level
• Report power outages through your smartphone, tablet, or PC (and receive restoration time updates)
• Current access to your hourly electric meter data
• View monthly, daily and hourly electric use charts
• Compare electric use to previous months
• View or pay your bill (you can also set up Auto Pay)
• Track historic usage by day of the week, and hour of the day…Track which days are highest (and lowest), and which hours are highest (and lowest)
• Place “markers” on your charts to track home (energy) improvement upgrades and their impact on your electric use
With SmartHub, you’ll receive an email notice each month with a link for you to view your electric bill. You can then pay online with your credit card, debit card, and even a check. Or, you can receive the email bill notice but continue to pay through the mail or automatic payment through a bank or credit card account. There is no cost to use SmartHub.
If you are paying online to avoid disconnection of electric service, please call our office immediately after your payment has been made in order to verify that your payment has been received.
Note: Our SmartHub site will not work properly with Internet Explorer 8 or lower.
Sign up for our E-Bill Plus program where you receive your electric bill only via e-mail and you use our Auto Pay option (either through your checking, savings, or credit card account automatically each month):
- Get a one-time $5 bill credit for enrolling
- Help the environment by eliminating paper bills and mailed payments
- Help us lower our costs by eliminating paper bills and postage
- Help yourself save time and money by not having to bother making manual payments each month
Call us today to enroll in E-Bill Plus: 1-800-962-3830.
Automatic Payment Plan
Save time and money by having your Midwest Electric bill automatically deducted from your checking or savings account or credit card account.
To sign up, call us at 1-800-962-3830, or you can do it yourself on our e-bill site. After logging in, go to Billing & Payments, then Auto Pay Accounts, then click the link to Sign Up For Auto Pay.
Each month you’ll receive your electric bill showing you how many kilowatt hours you used and how much money will be transferred from your checking or savings account. The fund transfer will be itemized on the monthly bank statement that you receive from your financial institution. Your electric bill will say Bank Draft, Do Not Pay.
*Special limited-time deal: We’ll pay you to sign up for Auto Pay!
- Get a $5 one-time bill credit if you sign up for Auto Pay and paperless billing with a credit or debit card.
- Get a $10 one-time bill credit if you sign up for Auto Pay and paperless billing with a checking or savings account.
- Get a $5 one-time credit if you switch from Auto Pay with a card to Auto Pay through a bank account with paperless billing.*If you self-enroll in Auto Pay through our e-bill site, send us a message through e-bill or call us to confirm the bill credit.
Average Billing Plan
Tired of variations in the amount of your electric bill payments from season to season? Midwest Electric has a bill payment plan that can even out those bill payments. It’s called Average Billing.
To participate, you must be a residential customer with 12 months electric use history, and your account must be paid in full.
To sign up, enroll online by clicking here. Or, call 419-394-4110 or 1-800-962-3830 for an application form. Your monthly average bill will be calculated each month based on your current month usage plus the past current eleven months of electric usage. There is not a settle up month for the average billing program. You may change your billing to actual at any time, however any balance due is payable at the time you choose to go off average billing. If you have additional questions, please contact our office.
Regrettably, some Midwest Electric members may be removed from our Average Billing program. Under these situations, customers will be removed from Average Billing and placed on standard billing:
- If the customer receives two disconnect notices in a 12-month period (notices printed on their monthly electric bill);
- If the customer has two returned checks in a 12-month period (for insufficient funds).
If the account is removed from Average Billing and placed on standard billing, any balances accumulated to that point will become due at that time.
This is meant to protect the equity of all customer-owners of the cooperative, as some Average Billing members can accumulate large balances. Please contact us if you have any questions.
Pay by Check
Use your checking account to pay your electric bill – either over the phone or through our website. You can call our customer service representative, and pay with your check over the phone. Or look for our e-bill link here on our website, and pay online using your checking account (or credit card).
Credit Card Payments
We accept credit card payments for all charges incurred on your electric bill. We accept Master Card, Visa, and Discover. We will accept your payment by credit card over the phone or in person at our St. Marys office, or online by clicking here. Our customer service representatives can also set up your account so that your electric bill is charged automatically to your credit card each month (See Auto Pay above). For more information, call us at 1-800-962-3830.
Pay By Mail
You may use the handy return envelope provided with your electric bill to send us your payment.
Pay In Person
You also have the option of bringing your payment to the cooperative office at 06029 County Road 33A, St. Marys, Ohio. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4 pm.
Satellite Paystations – MoneyGram
Payments are accepted at all MoneyGram locations at no charge. MoneyGram has over 39,000 U.S. agent locations inside retailers like CVS/pharmacy, Advance America, Albertsons, Walmart, and thousands more!
Bring these with you:
Cash – enough for your payment (Cash or debit card only.)
Your Midwest Electric Account Number
Receive Code: 15105
Complete the MoneyGram ExpressPayment® blue form, use the red MoneyGram phone, or use the MoneyGram kiosk to complete your transaction. (Payment processes may vary depending on your location. Simply ask an associate for help.)
Night Deposit Box
For after hours payments you may use the night deposit box located by the front door of the cooperative office. Please pay by check or money order in the night deposit. Envelopes are provided.
We encourage all of our customers to make an effort to pay their bill promptly to maintain a good credit standing. We realize, however, that unexpected personal or economic conditions may create a problem that prevents you from paying your bill on time. If this should happen, please contact our office as soon as possible. We will discuss payment options with you and guide you in seeking financial assistance, if needed.
Find ways to get help with your utility bill before service is shut off here. There are various local and statewide programs that might be able to help you out.