Details on the 2023 annual meeting will be released soon. Stay tuned, or call our office with questions.
Midwest Electric’s Annual Meeting
Saturday, June 3, 2023, at St. Marys Memorial High School.
It's your chance to exercise your ownership rights and privileges in your cooperative.
Registration, kids games, and the free breakfast buffet starts at 8:00 a.m. The business meeting starts at 9:00 a.m.
All members are invited. Best of all – the business meeting typically only lasts only 45 minutes!
- Free breakfast buffet
- Kids games, bounce houses, and more!
- Health Fair
- The Auglaize Sheriff’s Department will be available to take expired, no-longer-used medications as part of the Grand Lake Health/Auglaize County Sheriff’s drug take-back program.
- Trustee election results announced and results of voting of by-law changes. (Voting is conducted prior to the meeting, by mail and online.)
- Annual “State of the Cooperative” address by the CEO, Board President, and Tom Alban from Buckeye Power, our power supply cooperative.
- $2,000 in cash prizes.
- $1,000 scholarship drawing, done entirely at the meeting and unrelated to our general scholarship program - the winner must be present to win
- Any Midwest Electric member is eligible who will be a college or trade school student in the fall of 2023. The winner cannot have won a past scholarship from us. Members, or children of members, must enter at the annual meeting, where the winner will be drawn and must physically be attending to win. Money will be disbursed in Feb. 2024 following confirmation of college or trade school enrollment with a minimum 2.5 GPA.
More information on voting on Board Candidates is available below.
You can also find more information in your May edition of Ohio Cooperative Living and your RSVP card.
Information for Voting for 2023 will be available soon.
Have questions or comments you'd like addressed during the meeting? Give us a call at 800-962-3830 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unable to attend the member meeting in person? Links to the Live Stream will be available below.
Three of the eight seats on the co-op board of directors are up for election. Voting will be conducted by mail and online, with results announced at the annual meeting.
Nomination of trustees
Any member residing in a district up for election may become a candidate by obtaining a petition form from the co-op’s office and obtaining at least 15 valid signatures of members who reside within that district.
For this year’s elections, petitions may be filed by members who reside within the following districts:
- District 1 (3-year term): Auglaize and Shelby counties
- District 2 (3-year term): Allen and Putnam counties
The board meets monthly to review the financial and operating performance of your cooperative. They review reports from the CEO and department managers and provide general direction for management decisions.
Other important issues — such as long-term planning and whether to change electric rates — are also acted upon by the board. Candidates commit to strive to do what is in the best long-term interests of the cooperative.
Interested? Candidates must complete the official petition form and turn it in to the co-op's office after March 17 and no later than 8 a.m. on May 1. Call us at 800-962-3830 for details or for a copy of the Code of Regulations.
Midwest Electric is governed by an 8-member board of trustees, comprised of co-op members just like you. Any member residing in a district up for election (listed below) may become a candidate by obtaining a petition form from the co-op’s office, and obtaining at least fifteen (15) valid signatures of members who reside within that district.
The Board meets monthly to review the financial and operating performance of your cooperative. They review reports from the manager/CEO and department managers and provide general direction for management decisions.
Other important issues – such as long-term planning and whether to change electric rates – are also acted upon by the Board. Candidates will need a commitment and a desire to always strive to do what is in the best long-term interest of the cooperative and its members.
Any member in the district up for election may be a candidate for the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees. Interested members must obtain a petition from our office and get at least 15 valid signatures of members who reside within the district.
Please see the "Board Elections" drop-down menu above for details about this year's election process. More information about the 2023 election will be available in spring 2023.
Candidates must complete the official petition form and file it in our office by the deadline. Call us at 800-962-3830 for details or for a copy of the Code of Regulations.
Contact us for more information, a petition form, or for a copy of the Code of Regulations.
The latest Code of Regulations (last updated 6-4-2022 after the annual meeting voting results were announced) can be found by clicking here.
UPDATED JUNE 4, 2022 10 am -
Congrats to our incumbent board directors on their re-election (District 1, Steve Bauer; District 3, Kathy Brake; District 4, Jim Wiechart).
Thanks to everyone who attended in person and tuned in online to watch! Click here to read the meeting recap and watch the broadcast below.
2022 Facebook Live Stream link: https://www.facebook.com/MidwestElectric/live_videos/