The latest recipients of grants include:
- Auglaize County Harness Horseman’s Association; $3,000 for horse arena improvements at Auglaize County Fairgrounds
- Crossroads Crisis Center of Lima, Allen County; $2,000 for maintenance upgrades and furniture/appliances
- Let’s Back The Blue, Auglaize County; $2,000 for promotional items
- Minster Elementary School; $1,500 to add a sensory hallway for special needs students
- Family Life Center of Auglaize County; $1,100 for STD testing kits and car seats
- Children’s Developmental Care, Lima; $1,100 for sensory materials for special needs students
- Joint Township Hospital, Auglaize County; $1,050 for infant HALO Sleep Sacks
- New Bremen Blanketeers, Auglaize County; $500 to purchase materials to make children’s blankets
- Mercer County Educational Center; $480 for yoga session funding for special education students
- Wapakoneta High School; $100 for prom equipment and food
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the Fund. A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric at 1-800-962-3830 or clicking HERE.
To see more details and photos, check out the co-op’s Facebook album here.