recently donated $16,250 to 16 west-central Ohio charities and community projects through the cooperative’s .
Thanks to the 88 percent of Midwest Electric members who round up their electric bill and donate those pennies to this fund, Midwest Electric has provided $1,080,309 to 903 local charitable causes since 1998.
The latest recipients of grants include:
- West Ohio Food Bank, Lima; $3,000 to purchase four 10-foot by 10-foot overhead doors and seal
- Mercer County House of Hope, Celina; $2,500 for general financial support
- Wright State University, Celina; $1,500 for robotics components for educational outreach program
- Andrews House of Hope, Elida; $1,250 to purchase riding mower, computer, and printer
- Mercer County Emergency Response; $1,200 for traffic cones
- Middle Point Recreation Association; $1,200 for roof repair
- United Way of Auglaize County, Wapakoneta; $1,000 for two new computers and accessories
- A Park For All Abilities, Coldwater; $1,000 to purchase playground equipment for wheelchair-bound individuals
- St. Paul United Church of Christ, New Bremen; $1,000 for Girl Scout project to build a fruit orchard for food pantry
- Calvary Chapel Baptist Church, Minster; $600 for pantry refrigerator
- Children Choosing Christ, Wapakoneta; $500 for enclosed trailer to transport props for Dinosaur Dig Program
- SAFY Spec. Alternatives for Families and Youth, Lima; $500 for sensory materials and art supplies.
- Auglaize County Fair Gospel Tent, Wapakoneta; $500 for performers and tent/stage rentals
- Delphos Public Library; $500 for five memory and experience kits
The Midwest Electric Community Connection Fund is a voluntary charitable program. Participating members’ monthly electric bills are rounded up to the next dollar, with the additional pennies deposited in the Fund. A Board of Trustees, composed of cooperative members and separate from the Midwest Electric Board of Trustees, oversees the application and allocation process.
Individuals or organizations can obtain an application by contacting Midwest Electric at 1-800-962-3830 or clicking here.